I sent my completed manuscript for How to Keep Your Inner Mess from Trashing Your Outer World to the publisher on Sunday afternoon. Thank you to everybody who prayed, encouraged, and helped along the way. Here are tons of ultra-fascinating details:
- 61,300 words
- 257 pages (8 1/2 x 11)
- 16 chapters
- Part One (chapters 1-8): Meet Your Inner Mess
- Part Two (chapters 9-16): Make it Stop Trashing Your Outer World
- Next steps: editing, cover design
- Publication: March 2009
- Binding: I don’t think this has been determined (hardback vs. paper)
- Distribution: US, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, etc. Wherever English is spoken. Wow!
- Type of book: Non-fiction, Christian living. Many Christians live frustrated lives because they don’t know how to deal with the flesh, the Inner Mess. This book shows how its tentacles stretch into every corner of life and what to do about it. I illustrate the Inner Mess with a running story of a bus driver who has to deal with a surly passengers who irritate, and ultimately fight each other.
- Key verse: Jas 4:1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?
- Weekend: I’m brainstorming and Inner Mess Weekend, in case a church would like to have a special weekend…
- CAN YOU HELP? If I were to speak at a church, say a Saturday night, Sunday Morning, Sunday night (3 sessions) on the Inner Mess, what might that look like? Leave a comment! Let your creative juices flow: name, costumes, message themes… If you’ve heard the sermons, please help me out.
Chapters include: Your Inner Sinner, Inner Saint, Inner Jerk, Inner Dummy, Inner Thug, Inner CIA Agent…How do you handle the Inner Mess? It doesn’t work to fight it, punish it, guilt it, shame it, or hide it. You can’t contain it–you’ll shout it from the housetops if you do. The only solution is to GRACE it. I hope lots and lots of readers make that discovery and transform their lives. I’d appreciate your prayers for that. I should receive the first round of edits in about 6 weeks.I’ll keep you posted. Thanks.