I was “tagged” by Amy on her blog, and think the questions are very cool. This is helpful, because I’ve been struggling with a blog topic, so here I go.
Here is how it works:
Step 1: Respond and rework — answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: Tag – eight other bloggers to do the same. Here are the questions:
1) What are you wearing right now? Okay, it’s 9:02 p.m., and I’m chilling in a gray t-shirt, and pajama pants… kind of plaid. No shoes. No socks. Feet up on an ottoman. Kids are in bed. Margi’s stretched out on the loveseat. We’re watching What Not to Wear… a particularly excellent transformation, by the way. The makeover person went from wearing wings–I mean real fairy wings like a 5 year old girl wears–to looking like an adult.
2) What is your biggest fear? Heights, especially high bridges over water. I blogged on it. If I had my way, all bridges would have super tall side rails that can keep my car from getting sucked over the edge by the magical bridge sucker energy.
3) Do you nap a lot? Never, sigh. I wish napping worked with my schedule. I think naps are God’s gift to life. Most of the world is smart enough to nap. When I visited Italy, the county basically shut down after lunch. We ate a huge meal, and went to bed. I mean you get undressed, and climb under the blankets… not just dozing on the sofa. Naps prolong life. One day, I’ll take one… Correction: on Saturdays, I try to take a 20-30 minute nap before I head to church to finalize my message and to preach.
4) Who is the last person you hugged? My kids… I just put them to bed.
5) What are your favorite places to visit on a nice day? Nowhere in particular… so this will be the question I replace… Here’s my new question: What’s your favorite food to cook on a grill? For me, hands down: baby-back ribs. Yummmmm. I can’t get enough of them. I would eat them every other day (alternating with good Italian food) if I could. I like sweet/tangy bbq sauce better than spicy sauce. And I like the sauce to be a little charred. I also need to have the meat on the ribs soft enough to fall off the bones. Any offers?
6) What was the last item you bought? I bought a plastic report cover for my daughter’s spider report. She wrote a 2nd grade term paper on the Golden Orb Weaver spider… a spider that can trap a bird in its web, and chomp on its head. The assignment required the plastic report cover for an A.
7) What’s the last book you read? I just finished William Dietrich’s Rosetta Key, a rousing adventure through Napolean’s wars in Africa. Call it historical fiction. Fun, lots of bad guys, violent… I also love How to Keep Your Inner Mess from Trashing Your Outer World…
8 ) If you could go to the Oscars, who would you want to sit next to? Simon Cowell. I think his running commentary would be hilarious.
9) Has a celebrity’s hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle? Yeah… I have to admit I wanted hair like… David Cassidy. “I Think I Love You…” Call me a victim of the times…
10) What is one skill you wish you had, but don’t? Dancing… hopelessly klutzy thanks to a fundamentalist upbringing. Remember Elaine’s full-body throw up dance on Seinfeld? I sympathized. Absolutely no moves, no hopes of ever having moves, and no desire to try to have moves, so don’t ask.
11) Here’s the question I’m adding: Which cola? Diet or regular? How strong is your preference? For me, it’s Diet Pepsi or forget it. I won’t pay to drink Diet Coke. Love, love, love Diet Pepsi. I dislike Diet Coke, but it will do in an emergency, especially with a twist of lime.
I am tagging: