I am blown away by an indescribable feeling of excitement and joy generated by our incredible team for our Easter Services. It can only echo how those earliest disciples felt when they heard rumors of the Risen Savior. I’m still pumped.
In my opinion, a correct response to the Resurrection of Jesus should be LOUD, EXCITED, EXUBERANT, AND OVER THE TOP. Our team made that happen, and I’m still flying high. Please address complaints to me!!!!!!
At the risk of forgetting some names (after all, it’s 5:30 a.m.), which I’ll pick up in a follow-up post, here are some people I am extra thankful for today:
- Jon Lepinski… Awesome worship leader. You brought that moment in history to LIFE through the words, the enthusiasm, the joy, the beauty, the excellence, the corporateness of the music you led us through. I’m so glad God brought you and your beautiful family to Redding.
- Ron Largent… Amazing job leading the worship choir, and bringing out the energy of the Resurrection.
- Jackie Martin… Smooth-flowing guest services from the Usher Cafe to helping the crowds find seats to taking care of all the details of welcoming and greeting thousands of worshippers.
- Rachelle Busby and Ben Gurczynski… phenomenal job with the kids ministries. An incredible amount of set-up and materials movement to reset our kids’ stuff in a rented auditorium. Great job.
- Les Faires and Scott Davis… Fist bump on the technical stuff and program flow. You assembled a wonderful team.
- Drew VanderWerf… fantastic audio mix, and humble spirit throughout a really tough weekend.
- Dinah Vaughn and the BryanBakers (one word)… Loved the stage set and lighting… really set the tone for the worship.
- Jennifer Beaver… picnic by the river? Egg hunt? Excellent idea and way to pull it off! Tell your kids I say thank you for filling 2,000 eggs. Ha!
- Bob and the Staff at Redding Convention Center… you guys were amazing hosts, and really dedicated to making our even a success. Thank you for your amazing expertise and for going above and beyond the call of duty.
- My bride, Margi… for holding down the fort during a long weekend. Love you babe. LOVED the prime rib…
- Everyone who prayed and served… Thank you. God sees.
Highlights for me:
- In Christ Alone! What a hymn… No power of hell / No scheme of man / Can ever pluck me / From his hand… Hallelujah!
- What a Day! Awesome solo vocal w/choir by Jon L. Brings me to tears.
- You are the Light of the World… our beautiful children’s choir… featuring my two fantastic kids. Thanks guys for leading us in worship. Loved the glow sticks.
- People… Watching thousands of people worship God, and express their love to him… a beautiful thing.
- Salvations… seeing hands go up all over that auditorium of people who prayed to receive Jesus….
“Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.” Romans 8:33, 34, NKJV.
I copied these pictures from Donny Pauling’s iPhone blog. Visit there for a couple more pictures of the service…