Hey, sorry for the big gap between posts. Summers used to be lazy, hazy, crazy days; now they’re just crazy. I feel like I’ve been sprinting for the last couple of months. Building plans for church. Seeking God for resources for that. Figuring out ways to embrace every person that God sends to Neighborhood Church so they experience God’s love… even when sometimes we feel out of space. Then planning 10 talks for Alliance Redwoods High School Camp. What an awesome privilege! Over 30 students responded to the invitation to receive Christ on Wed nite.
My family has been extra-patient, and my children know me as the guy with the laptop glued to his lap… so I promised a treehouse when I came home from camp. It’s a work in progress, but here it is. I started the 2nd day after camp, and have been adding cool stuff every couple of days.
Other cool stuff:
- Flags… pirate for my son, ladybugs for my daughter
- Mailbox… for secret deliveries.
- Bucket… rope and pulley.
- Climbing rope… soft rope w/knots
- Swings (x2)
- Entry bell… loud, ground level.
- Triangle bell… medium, upper level
- Canvas sun shade.
- Tube of Deliverance… a 25-foot long corrugated pipe that winds around and drops golf balls into the bucket.
- Singshot… 8-foot wide, surgical tubing, shoots tennis balls hundreds of feet.
- Coming soon: slide, plank (as in “walk the…”), crow’s nest, fireman’s pole, and whatever else comes to mind.
Whew! Kids love it. Margi loves it. I love it. I just hope the wildlife doesn’t love it! Kids are already begging to sleep over night… Oh yay!
Heading to Chicago (YAY!) in a few weeks for my nieces wedding. My kids are standing up, I’m officiating, and my wife’s coordinating. A good time will be had by all. Lou Malnati’s pizza, get a table ready for me!
Yep, we’re already planning for the fall and beyond at church, so keep us in prayer! God is doing amazing things through the people of our church, and I’m so excited. I’m also involved in the growing A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary, and that’s been awesome. A few writing projects in various stages of evaluation, too. Other stuff as well, but I finally feel I can come up for some air.
Maxgrace.com has been wooing me back, begging, beckoning, at times even nagging, so here I am. Thanks for hanging in there with me.